Thursday 2 August 2007

Far Away (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)

I managed to refrain from going home with my dad and have now moved into college. I am living in the small area reserved for postgraduates and it is all quite dismal. My room is actually quite large, but unfortunately (read as devastatingly) it does not have an internet connection. Also the kitchen is practically non-existent. It appears to have only a blender and a rice cooker and emits a curious, but disgusting smell. I dread to think what the people living around me are cooking up in there. It made me glad that I opted to buy powdered milk instead of actual milk as I don't think I'll be storing anything in that fridge. So I'm not sure what I'll be eating for the next month. Tonight I feasted on bread dipped in cold spaghetti hoops, and it wasn't that bad. On the up-side this means minimal washing up (i.e. none), on the down-side this makes me rather pathetic: a twenty-one year old sitting on the floor dipping bread into an open tin. My mum can never find out.

I suppose the lack on internet connection may force me to do a little more maths, which at this stage, can only be a good thing. I am now doing my best to interpret the notation I have devised into a generalised coproduct, but I am starting to doubt if this will work, and I begin to wonder if the notation I have laboured so hard over has been a complete waste of time. It would be very disheartening to have to re-think what I have done. However, for the moment I will remain positive and pretend the reason my idea isn't working is more due to my deficient MAPLE knowledge, rather than a flaw in the main idea.

I went to the cinema again. Finally, a positive to going alone- I got the last ticket to see "The Simpsons Movie." Ha Ha- a family ahead of me was turned away. I win. However, the film was not so good, but never mind., it served its main purpose as an activity to fill a gaping hole of an evening and that was all that I was looking for.

I found a really amusing clip of Alan Rickman being interviewed. He was on an american chat show and the host asked if he'd like a cup of tea and he replied:

"In America? I'd die!"

God, he's so funny.

1 comment:

Beans said...

Hey! I'm guessing you're from the UK. (Well I spotted 'maths', but you might be trying to fool us all!)