Tuesday 31 July 2007

Lazy or stupid?

My dad came to visit today, as tomorrow I have to leave my house. I had a really nice day. Obviously I gave myself the day off. I think I'm probably abusing the fact that my advisor is away as I seem to be giving myself many, many days off of late. Indeed, last week I gave myself 6 days off to visit a friend in Stratford-upon-Avon. But, I suppose what my advisor doesn't know won't hurt him. I am torn on what card to play when he gets back and I show him a definitely-smaller-than-he-expects amount of work: do I admit to being lazy or do I pretend that I am even more stupid than I am and claim it look me weeks to understand/do the work? "I worked really hard, Scout's honour". Lazy or stupid? Lazy or stupid?... That is the question. Maybe I'll spend a few days comtemplating that.

I really don't want my dad to leave tomorrow. I don't want to leave my house and go and live in college on my own. I want to go home with my dad. It will be all I can do tomorrow not to jump into the car with him, email my advisor to tell him I can't cope, I am insanely stupid, I'm dropping out of university and I'm going home to regress back to my formative years, in which state I plan to remain for the duration of my life.

To console myself, or torture myself perhaps, I am repeatedly watching Alan Rickman tribute videos on YouTube. I don't think this is a good idea:

(Pictures of Alan Rickman being happy with women)+(Sad song)+(Lack of ability to do one's project)= Mental break-down

This is an equation I plan to prove by exhaustion.

No comments: