Tuesday 14 August 2007

Chocolat and Chocolate

I didn't even go into the department on Sunday. In fact, I didn't even leave my room. I barely left my bed. I opted for "Chocolat" and chocolate and mused the day away feeling jealous of ladies in Jane Austen novels. Ladies in Austen novels are all effortlessly beautiful and gentlemen just fall in love with them with absolutely no encouragement other than a smile and a glimpse from under thick, perfectly curled eyelashes. I realise that this isn't real life, or that it probably is not a fair representation of real life in the late 1700's but I wish it were and it gave me something to while Sunday away being bitter about.

Monday followed with indecent haste and I toyed with some work. Well, toyed is the wrong word, I obviously mean grabbled with some work. It is annoying that any result I actually get I have to fight tooth and nail for, why can't, just once, a result pop out? But no, I am still waiting for that glorious moment when something works first time.

And it's Tuesday. I am trying to undo the errors I made yesterday. If I'm lucky I can catch them all today and then have only wasted 2 days. If I'm unlucky.. I'll be working on it for the forseeable future.

No comments: