Wednesday 15 August 2007

Contempt loves the silence

Ok, so if I absolutely can not live in a Jane Austen novel then I think I'd like to live in 1200's England. Subject to certain conditions of course. Those being that it is exactly like the life that is portrayed in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, that I am Maid Marion, that I can wield a sword well and that I am not subject to the pesky script where Marion has to marry Robin Hood. I would marry the Sherrif, and obviously the Sherrif of Nottingham would be Alan Rickman. And also there would be acceptable/excellent waste-disposal and medical facilities. And I'd have an internet connection.

Other than that I am sure I could survive the 1200's. I think I'd be quite good on a farm or something. I could be the person who works out where to put the fences, or counts the animals and keeps a record of them. I wouldn't want to work with them, or get too close to them. Although I once let a baby cow lick my hand, which was like velcro. It was quite cute and I think I could maybe pat the animals on the head, if there was fence between me and them and I was sure there was no chance of zoonosis and that they couldn't kick me.

Right, enough thinking of this. Back to work...

No comments: