Sunday 29 July 2007

Alan, MAPLE and a cinema trip

This is a picture of Alan Rickman saying, "Hey, I'm relaxed.. I'm not always a villian- look at me pulling off a white, unbuttoned shirt."

Today I worked out why my MAPLE code was previously going so horrifically wrong. I had defined a permutation function (giving a set of permuted matrices) in a procedure and had another procedure depending on elements from this set (each time referring to the previous procedure). However the end result gave a different answer every time I ran the procedure and I think it was because each time it ran the procedure it conducted the permutations over and over again so when I was referring to elements in the set, sometimes they were the same and rarely were all the elements actually caught. So I fixed that and I am now getting nicer outputs. So hopefully I have generalised the generating functions for MZV's. Now comes the more difficult bit of writing a procedure to select required coefficients.


This is a picture of Alan Rickman being incredibly mysterious and sexy as Severus Snape. He is so beautiful. It's the dark hair, the dark eyes, the mouth, the height, the stature, the voice, the voice...

I went to see the latest Harry Potter film yesterday. It was alright, but I obviously will never like it as much as the book, as there is no way that the details that make the book so consuming can be done justice to in a mere 3 hours. I went on my own, due to lack of friends here, and the woman who served me made me feel quite humiliated. I asked if there were any tickets left for the film and she said "How many do you want?" and I replied "one." She could have left it at that, but oh no, "Just one!?!" she bellowed, causing the teenagers behind me in the queue to giggle, whilst I murmered a "yes" through gritted teeth and handed over my student card. Honestly, I do not need to be made to feel a complete and utter loser for going to the cinema alone. Anyway, there is nothing wrong with going to the cinema alone, it is a solo activity to sit in a cinema theatre and watch a film, in fact it is more on a hindrance to have people there. God, what do they want from me? Do they actually want me to have "REJECT" tatooed across my forehead so they can just point and laugh without having to wait for me to ask for a single ticket? It's not like I'm going bowling on my own. And I hate how teenagers hang around in massive, intimidating gangs- I never did that when I was younger. I hope they all feel embarassed too when they grow up and are forced to go to the cinema alone. Maybe next time I'll jst wait for the DVD release....

No comments: