Monday 6 October 2008

I don't know.

I miss home, and I can't tell my parents because they will respond with the oh-so-supportive "this was your decision". I can't really explain it to any friends from university because most of them are actually still at my old university and will say, in that slightly exasperated way at what they perceive to be my own melodrama, "oh it'll be fine". I don't want to hear that. I know I am supposed to be brave and laugh and think that it will be fine, but I don't know how to do that. I don't know how to explain that I feel more lonely here than I ever have before. I am scared I will forget what my voice sounds like.

1 comment:

Beans said...

Hi Steph,

Sorry to hear about your luggage dilemma and I'm glad you've finally got your things!

I understand your fears. Everyone expects you to be "laughing and fine" and if you're not they're not too concerned (although I think that your parents might initially say it was your decision, but might actually be supportive for a change!)

Congratulations on making it to Germany, and I would say that you've managed to get that far so perhaps you can also take yourself further. :)

(You could always record your voice whilst you can...! :p )