Monday 20 October 2008

Coat Peg politics

There are 3 coat pegs in the office and 3 people. Two of them have a prong at the top for hats/ scarves. One does not and is situated a little lower than the other two. I really want to put my coats and scarves on one of the ones with the prongs because on the one without the prong my scarves keep falling off, but I am scared that the guys will thing I am breaking some sort of unwritten rule of using their pegs. But they don't need the upper prongs!

Today, after almost 3 weeks of worrying of this I finally worked up the courage to put my coat/ scarf on a pronged peg. When I came back from lunch the Russian man had moved his coat to the peg I had used before. What does this mean? And more importantly... is this actually bothering anyone else in the office like it is me? I have the sneaking suspicion that the answer is no and in actual fact he had just been out to lunch (like he usually does) when I had and had just got back before me...

No comments: