Monday 27 October 2008

Bonn jour

So for better or worse I live in Bonn now.

  1. It has been a relatively good week socially. I have been out quite a number of times with other people from the Institute.
  2. I met my supervisor on Friday (after the obligatory 5 hour wait). Up until this point I was honestly wondering why I was here, I was wondering if I had perhaps made a poor decision- but talking with him (or rather him just talking at me) made me realise that he is the reason I am here. He is just great.
  3. Maths-wise, I have not been so productive. It seems that doing a PhD is all about striking the balance between doing little work and coping your the guilt from doing little work.
  4. I have been feeling exhausted for the past week. My eyes hurt and I feel on the verge of illness. If I am going to be ill I wish this would just happen.
Coat-peg update: Russian man hasn't been in for a while. One of the pronged coat-pegs is close to being secured as rightfully mine... unless he returns and seizes it back again.

No comments: