Saturday 3 May 2008

"Bring it to the Table"

I hate this phrase. I have been watching alot of "The Apprentice (US)" and this is a common maxim that punctuates the show. "Bring it to the table!" "Bring it to the plate!" It is this weird thing that Americans have with bringing things to different/ undisclosed places. (c.f. America's next top model: "oohh you better bring it child!") I hope that our American lecturer (supervisor #2) doesn't expect me to bring anything anywhere when it comes to the exam. I am afraid that I am unable to bring anything unless I have explicit instructions on what it is, where to take it and how to handle it.

Speaking, or rather writing, of the exams- I am scared. Although seemingly not scared enough to do anything other than:

1. Write this entry,
2. Watch the new Peep show (available on youtube),
3. Watch the Apprentice ,
4. Worry about people sitting on those annoying little walls at the science site,
5. Be scared of the exams.

The current main fear lies with Algebraic Topology and Algebraic Geometry. But before I commence I'm pretty sure there are some web comics out there that I haven't checked. Maybe I'll bring them to the table...

No comments: