Thursday 24 July 2008

Perhaps I am just bitter...

  1. I was having a conversation with a younger next door neighbour earlier. We (maybe as I don't know how to talk to people) got on to the topic of facebook. Immediately came the question "how many friends have you got?" I hate the facebook obsession with having as many friends as possible. I don't need more contrived methods of validation in my life thank you. You would never go up to a person and demand to know how many real life friends they have. Thank god!
    I also hate it when people who didn't like you at high school "add you". Perhaps it's me being bitter and still nursing the wounds of being unpopular that I do not accept these friend requests and instead keep these people in a kind of facebook quarantine... exacting a revenge they'll never even realise...
  2. I did another punishing session on the cycling machine today. I think I may almost be enjoying exercise, which would be a first.
  3. I need to book some flights soon. Otherwise I will miss my talk and everyone will think I'm incompetent because I can't even travel.
  4. I am going to watch The Craft. I hope that I don't become too scared. In some ways I still feel like I am 15 years old.

No comments: