Friday 11 July 2008

Options, Options, Options.

So I have to find accomodation. I imagine. Up until now I have done nothing about this but an email to my inbox this morning has filled me with panic. Mainly because I don't understand it- given it is in German. I have translated one word "accomodation." The email is quite long and I feel it is probably quite important as at the bottom there is a space for me to sign and date it (I presumably then have to post it back or something). So I have several options:

1. Ignore it
2. Sign the form and send it off and hope I haven't sold a kidney
3. Get someone to translate it for me and find out what it actually says.

Obviously option 3 would be ideal, but that will take more effort from me. Plus I would probably have to ask supervisor #1, but last night supervisor #1 and supervisor #2 emailed me to ask me to do something and if I email back immediately, they may assume I have already done what they wanted. Option 2 could be a good thing to do as if I sign the form they might just sort everything out for me; but of course.. I could just be selling a kidney. Then there is good old option 1. I think I will linger on option 1 for a while. At least until I have to go there at the end of August.

2 comments:

Beans said...

Hi,

If you're using Firefox it could translate it for you. Although I would imagine it to be a "dodgy translation", you won't have to worry about the thing your supervisors asked you to do yet.

Steph said...

I just need a general jist. I don't use Firefox, but my brother does. Thank you. I will worry about what my supervisors have asked.. but not really (read: at all) do anything about it just yet. Plus I am busy thinking of other things. :-)