Tuesday 25 November 2008

News in not-so-brief briefs.

  1. I had a minor mental blip at the beginning of last week, but I think that I have managed to rescue myself from some cataclysmic fall there. Point to me.          
  2. I live next to a brothel. Some awful man tried to pick me up on the road side at the end of last week.  I hadn't even stopped, but I'd like to know in which country prostitutes march around with large coats, scarves, jeans and backpacks on? Well, Germany apparently. The incident would have been over sooner had my German been better. Unfortunately, it is not. 
  3. It snowed here over the weekend, that was very beautiful. I think I was happy at the weekend. Now it's "oh-hello-empty-misery-tinged-with-that-oh-so-familiar-sense-of-self-loathing" again.
  4. I have now seen the new Bond film Quantum of Solace. It was a very different Bond, but I still really enjoyed it. It was very much "Quantum of Solace: Bond's Revenge". 
  5. The heating in my flat still doesn't work. Every night I have to build a nest in which to sleep. This isn't even me being a moron as my neighbour can't work it out either and the landlord was meant to come around last night to fix it... or make it work.. or something. In other flat-related news, I can now successfully open the bins! Huzaar! Also, it turns out that I do in fact have blinds and that I was using the shower incorrectly. 

No comments: