Wednesday 10 September 2008

Eyes Eyes Eyes.

  1. I went to the Optician's on Monday. I now have stronger glasses. I took the opportunity to fully question the woman on 20-20 vision. Or rather the 6-6 vision that the English use. I think she got annoyed by this and as punishment when I had to have the glucoma test (the one where the pressure in the eye is tested by blowing a puff into the eye) she missed my eye twice. Eurgghh. I hate that test. I also hate it when they look into your eye with a microscope. This always makes me feel like I have a tumour.

  2. I got an email asking me to confirm an interview I have at the LMS soon. The email said "please confirm by Friday COP." As I did not understand what "COP" means (and a google search yielded many non-useful acronyms) I replied asking, and the lady sent me back an email saying:

    "COP means Close of play – a work term you may find you will use often, if you ever have a career, to get ppl to meet deadlines!"

    What does this mean? Does she infer that I will never have a career? Has she being speaking to my parents?

  3. Oh and anyone on facebook, please add tetris.

1 comment:

Beans said...

I didn't know it was 6-6 vision in England. (There I was happily thinking my eyes weren't too bad!) I don't like going to the opticians as well, although I haven't ever had the glucoma test (I'll keep my eyes out for it!)

Your parents sound like my parents, if indeed she has been talking to them! Good luck with the interview. :)