Saturday 6 September 2008

Every woman should be able to...

MSN news has provided me with 30 things I should be able to do...
  1. Put herself first.
    Well, I don't have children or anything so I am having this one.
  2. Leave the house without make-up on.
    It isn't pretty but I can, and frequently do this one.
  3. Walk in high heels.
    Sadly, no. I am in no way graceful or elegant.
  4. Walk in flat shoes.
    Yes. Huzaar!
  5. Drive.
    No.
  6. Put flat-pack furniture together.
    I don't know. I'd like to think I can.
  7. Say no.
    I don't understand this one. Apparently men "say no" all the time...
  8. Go out alone.
    I don't really have too many qualms about having lunch alone, or going to the cinema alone. This is necessary if you have few friends.
  9. Master her own finances.
    Well, no one else is willing to do it...
  10. Keep a blog.
    Yes.
  11. Know how a computer works.
    Yes.
  12. Ask a man out.
    I can think of nothing worse.
  13. Put herself forward.
    Again, I don't understand this one. I can't imagine suggesting myself for anything, because then that would infer I would think I were the best person for the task. This is very unlikely.
  14. Hold her own in the presence of a car mechanic.
    Probably not.
  15. Pitch a tent.
    Yes.
  16. Walk away from a bad relationship.
    ?
  17. Give her opinion.
    Yes.
  18. Do DIY.
    This depends. I can and have changed a plug. Does this count?
  19. Cultivate male friendships.
    Most of my friends are male.
  20. Be single (and happy).
    Not sure about the happy bit.
  21. Know what "her" karaoke song is.
    Karaoke... I have to be very drunk, then I'll sing anything.. badly.
  22. Assert her needs.
    I don't understand these vague ones about "needs" and "wants" and "desires".
  23. Age gracefully.
    Just aging at the moment.
  24. Make at least one impressive dinner party meal.
    I've only ever cooked once properly for my friends. I think it went well. I have a scar down my arm from it. (Note: this is not why I think it went well.)
  25. Know what suits her.
    Oversize T-shirts with foreign words on them suit me. I'm having this one.
  26. Forget about her own stuff for a while.
    Too vague.
  27. Use a digital camera/ iPhone/ Sky+box/ other gadget.
    Mainly yes.
  28. Pack lightly.
    Yes.
  29. Do nothing.
    The last few months have been testiment to that!
  30. Love herself the way she is.
    Urghh, I hate the writers of MSN news.

Well, I imagine that was exciting for everyone.

No comments: