Friday 11 April 2008

Pregnant Belly

I have arrived in Edmonton. I have to say that I am impressed with my travelling ability. It seems I am much more competant than I gave myself credit for.. I haven't died once on this trip!

It was quite sad to leave Banff; it really is a beautiful place and I can honestly say I had a fantastic time there. The plane I flew from Calgary to Edmonton was tiny and there was alot of turbulance- but I actually found that really fun. I am not sure what is protocol outside of England but a pregnant lady told me to touch her pregnant belly on the flight:

Lady: "Do you want to feel?"
Me: "Erm.. no.. thanks"
Lady: "Go on!"
Me: "Ok.. yes... very nice."

I only touched it with one finger and I think she thought that was weird. Mercifully that ended the conversation for the flight. Honestly that kind of behaviour just shouldn't be allowed. It wouldn't have happened on a domestic flight in the UK. British people understand what is acceptable travel conversation and that almost never involves touching stomachs. .. or actually speaking for that matter. I'm not sure what my response was supposed to be? "Gosh yes, that feels like a mighty healthy foetus you have there" or "Well done, you're pregnant and are far as I can see... no sign of a husband!" Actually, maybe she shouldn't have been flying if she were very pregnant, but I suppose she was just a bit fat as well.

My room here is great. I have a map of Edmonton and so I may venture out of my own accord in a bit. Afterall, I am an adult.

No comments: