Thursday 3 April 2008

Bear Attack

I am at home now. I have been since Saturday. I have to leave for Canada on Sunday and I do not think I am competant enough to navigate transfers and things. Oh god.. I am going to be lost somewhere in Colorado when I miss my connecting flight...

I booked a flight between Calgary and Edmonton today and I didn't see fit to write down any of the flight details.. I also have not received a confirmation email. I wonder if I have actually booked anything .. or maybe I just dreamt it. I will have to work out some way of dealing with this... maybe I'll just leave it. I always like that option.. although the guilt disrupts my sleep. Last night I woke up because I dreamt that supervisor #1 told me my dissertation was awful and he was very disappointed. I imagine he is... and he will tell me when I meet him at Banff and I will be unable to escape for 12 days from the wall of disappointment. I have my contingency plan of taking Poirot with me.. then if things get too bad I will look myself in my room and watch the same episodes over and over and over again... Interestingly this is exactly what I am doing with my time at home.

I probably need to do some revision. However this is not an option as I haven't even brought my notes home with me. Anyway if they were here they would just be sitting in a corner and I wouldn't touch them... at least this way I have more floor space.

I hope I see a bear in Canada. Not from a dangerous vantage though. I saw one when I camped in the Smoky mountains. That was very exciting. I actually saw a family of them in a tree. The bears were very high up.. I can't believe they could climb so high. I always thought that if a bear tried to attack me I would climb a tree.. but it seems that that plan wouldn't work so well. I'm not sure what I would do if a bear attacked me. Actually, I'd probably just be killed. I am just the sort of person to be killed in a bear attack. It's like if I were in a film, I would definitely be an extra or one of those people that the serial killer murders in the first few frames. I don't think I'm much of a survivor. I hope I don't see a bear in Canada.

No comments: