Thursday 28 February 2008

Sweet Monodromy

The presentation is over. It was OK, although I did it all mainly on the board- so it must have looked like I was really badly prepared (which was correct.. I didn't actually have a conclusion sorted out in my mind when I started!) At one point I quoted Don Zagier... and I thought "oh my god where is this crap coming from!" I think my two supervisors hated it. Oh well, they'd better get used to hating things that I do.. in a few weeks time they'll be exposed to some pages of my dissertation.

The vending machine just made me buy two packets of "curly wurly squirlies" so obviously I am going to have to eat them both, as I have exactly no will power when it comes to leaving chocolate uneaten. Thank goodness my wardrobe consists almost entirely of flaw-hiding XL T-shirts with various foreign words plastered over them.

I have a meeting with supervisor 2 tomorrow morning. I am scared. I am not sure what he will have expected me to do... I hope it isn't to calculate the monodromies... I will just have to thrust a wad of paper in his face and then flee, hoping I can get far enough away before he realises I have actually just handed him coffee-stained blank sheets of paper.

It is very irrational but there is a person in this room using the scanner.. and the noise is really pissing me off!!! Oh well, back to MAPLE.

No comments: